Struggling to find a breakfast that makes you feel good and doesn't contain breakfast meat, eggs, or oatmeal? This chocolate banana bread protein shake recipe is a decadent take on your mama's amazing banana bread without the extra fats and calories. It can be whipped up in your blender or shaken over ice in as little as five minutes and may just be the best low carb protein shake recipe we have feasted our eyes on. If you love banana bread, you will love this decadent twist.
What you'll need:
- 1 serving Protein Milkshake Chocolate Protein Powder (any chocolate flavor will do!)
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Dash of brown sugar to taste
How it's made:
- Add a serving of your choice of Protein Milkshake, , choice of nut milk, half of a chopped banana and half a cup of steel cut oats to a blender and shake over ice.
- Optional: Pour into a glass and top with pecans or walnuts and a dash of brown sugar!
- While our recipe calls for nut milk, you can use any kind of milk you would like in this recipe. While dairy milk contains more protein, Protein Milkshake's protein powder contains 22 grams of protein alone, which is enough to keep you satisfied for hours. It is true that there is less protein in almond and coconut milk, but the use of protein powder in this shake will give you all the protein nutrition you need to take on the day head on. There are plenty of options available, and you can choose the right one for you!
- Not a fan of chocolate or not able to consume nut products? You can absolutely make this into a classic banana bread using Protein Milkshake Cupcake Batter to create this into a vanilla protein powder shake recipe. Our protein powders are free from nuts, leaving you piece of mind if you are allergic. The recipe can be made the same using the sub for the vanilla based protein powder to give you a great banana bread protein shake.
- When determining what oats to use there are many variations of oats! Old-fashioned oats are known as rolled oats, which are slightly healthier for you as they contain more fiber and protein per cup than instant oats. However they both work!
Why choose Protein Milkshake over other brands?
Protein Milkshake was created with women in mind who are wanting to lose weight and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle without going on a diet. Our protein powders are organic, grass-fed and premium protein that is crafted locally in the heart of California and is the best grade of quality. With just two protein shakes a day, you can shake and bake to your health goals knowing and having piece of mind to ease your cravings in a healthy way! Each serving of Protein Milkshake contains twenty two grams of protein, only three grams of carbs, 110 calories per serving, and contains no artificial sweeteners or sugars.Click here to try Protein Milkshake today!