Celebrate the life of pie today with a protein packed Apple Pie Shake!
Fruits are in season, and there is almost nothing more refreshing than a slice of your momma's apple pie right? Well, not everything can come close to a real homemade apple pie, but we found a way to make an apple pie into a shake- and trust me, the end result is gold! This apple pie milkshake recipe contains whey protein powder, and is low-calorie and low carb so you can continue to shake and bake to your goals this summer without worrying about if you are getting the proper nutrition. Get your protein and fruit all in one shake with this fantastic take on apple pie!
What you'll need:
- 1 serving Protein Milkshake (any flavor)
- 1 cup nut milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon caramel extract (optional)
How it's made:
- Add nut milk, choice of yogurt, your choice of flavor of Protein Milkshake protein powder, apple sauce, cinnamon or apple pie spice, vanilla extract, and vanilla and caramel extract with ice into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with organic or homemade whipped cream as desired!
1) If wanting a more pungent apple taste, you can sub the apple sauce with some cup up apples and blend!
2) This protein recipe is a low calorie shake recipe and a low carb protein shake recipe, but if wanting to include whipped cream, we suggest making your own whipped cream. Our favorite whipped cream recipe to this day is made by the bakers at The Keto Kitchen, and the recipe is sugar-free and low-carb! Not to mention, it is quick and easy to "whip" up! Click here for quick access to the recipe!
If you look to instead purchase whip cream, we opt that you choose an organic and no-GMO whipped cream! Why is no-GMO important? Most of the popular whipped creams on the market contain chemicals that can have consequences to health and overall well-being. Our favorite organic whipped creams you can find readily available in most markets are Truwhip, Natural by Nature, and 365 Real Dairy Whipped Cream. More details and quality of each brand can be found on Healthy Nature. Of course, the whipped cream is absolutely optional- but choosing an organic whipped cream or making your own will still hold the nutritious value!
Why choose Protein Milkshake over other brands?
Protein Milkshake was created with women in mind who are wanting to lose weight and/or maintain a healthy lifestyle without going on a diet. Our protein powders are organic, grass-fed and premium protein that is crafted locally in the heart of California and is the best grade of quality. With just two protein shakes a day, you can shake and bake to your health goals knowing and having piece of mind to ease your cravings in a healthy way! Each serving of Protein Milkshake contains twenty two grams of protein, only three grams of carbs, 110 calories per serving, and contains no artificial sweeteners or sugars.Click here to try Protein Milkshake today!