Weight Watchers High Protein Chocolate Oat Bars
Need a healthy and high protein snack or dessert that doesn’t require baking? This delicious Weight Watchers friendly chocolate oat bars recipe makes 24 total servings and is the perfect addition any time as it only takes twelve minutes to whip up.
Just freeze the chocolate oat bars for two hours and you have a staple that can remain fresh in the fridge for a week.
Try this recipe with Chocolate Protein Milkshake.
WHAT MAKES THESE WW-FRIENDLY CHOCOLATE OAT BARS HIGH PROTEIN?
These chocolate oat bars contain Protein Milkshake protein powder, in which a single serving packet contains 24 grams of protein.
THE PROTEIN PACKED CHOCOLATE OAT BAR FILLING
Here is the protein you’ll need:
- Chocolate Protein Milkshake protein powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 scoop Protein Milkshake
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
1. In a medium saucepan, combine unsalted butter, brown sugar, Protein Milkshake, and vanilla extract over low heat for four to five minutes, making sure to stir constantly.
2. Add in the dry ingredients of oats, cinnamon, and salt and mix in for another four to five minutes.
3. Line a medium sized baking dish with parchment paper and spread out the mixture evenly, pressing down.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Heat on high in the microwave, in increments of 40 seconds until the mixture is melted and fully combined.
5. Pour 75% of the chocolate mixture into the pan over the pressed oats, reserving about 25% for drizzling once the oats are cool.
6. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
Amount Per Serving:
1serving | Calories: 233.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.8g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 18g | Fiber: 2g | SmartPoints: 9
Recipe and Image Credits: This recipe was created by FreeStyle Recipes.