With Valentine's Day around the corner, we decided to create a protein-packed keto blossom cookie recipe using our favorite blossom cookie recipe (credit to author linked below). Each cookie contains 24 grams of added protein making it a healthy and fantastic treat sealed with a kiss (literally with Hershey kisses).
You can enjoy these cookies with or without the added sprinkles using your favorite low-carb option.
Try this recipe with a FREE Protein Milkshake Sample.
- 1 scoop Chocolate Mousse Protein Milkshake
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (regular or flax)
- 1 tablespoon liquid red coloring
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Red and/or pink sugar
- Low-Carb pink/red sprinkles
- 1 medium bag of Hershey Kisses (or an alternative brand)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, Protein Milkshake, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the sugar and butter together until fluffy. Add in the eggs, food coloring, vanilla extract, and buttermilk. Add mixture to flour mixture and fold in.
- Chill the dough for at least thirty minutes- a longer chill time will result in crispier cookies.
- Optional: Seperate cookie dough into balls and roll into your choice of red or pink sugar. If forgoing the added sugar, skip this step.
- Line dough balls onto a baking sheet and bake at 350F for ten to twelve minutes or until edges are browned.
- Optional: Remove cookies from the oven and immediately place kisses in the center. Let cookies cool completely on a cooling rack.