Do you love cinnamon rolls but dislike the calories and the sugar surge that comes with it? Looking for a healthier alternative that will give you a protein packed breakfast? Look no further than this healthy low calorie cinnamon roll protein overnight oats recipe that will help you lose or maintain your weight.
Each serving of these delicious low calorie overnight oats is packed with 27 grams of protein and just 167 calories, to ensure you get a healthy jumpstart on your day without having to curb your cravings.
The delicious flavors of a cinnamon in an easy to make, overnight breakfast treat. Sweetened with brown sugar, flavored with cinnamon and packed with raisins.
Protein Milkshake, cinnamon, and brown sugar make these cinnamon roll overnight oats a delicious way to start your day. These best part? With a little preparation, this healthy and low calorie breakfast oats recipe is ready for you when you wake up!
In five minutes or less, you will have an assembled and healthy breakfast or healthy dessert without having to cook. This recipe can also be prepared for a week in advance with prep, so you can enjoy a healthy meal that is not only nutritious and low calorie, it is also delicious. Top with optional toppings of your choice for extra nutritional balance such as fruit, nuts, and nuts and watch the weight come off!
Is overnight oats good for weight loss?
If you're looking for a low-calorie breakfast that is nutritious and can even help you lose weight, you've found your solution with this low calorie overnight oats recipe. Overnight oats are known for their beneficial properties to help lose weight safely, with the addition of them being low calorie and a convenient healthy protein breakfast, this recipe is a no brainer.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Protein Milkshake: Cupcake Batter organic whey grass-fed protein powder
Rolled Oats: For this recipe we recommend using rolled oats for a smoother and creamier texture. You can swap out rolled cut oats for steel cut oats if your prefer a chunkier and chewier texture.
Almond Milk: This recipe uses skimmed almond milk- can also use coconut milk or dairy milk (if using dairy, you must account for the increased caloric and nutritional value)
Low fat vanilla yogurt
Cinnamon: The star of this recipe, the cinnamon makes this low calorie cinnamon roll protein oats taste like the cinnamon roll you are known to love.
Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are optional- however if looking to give your protein overnight oats a nutrition boost- chia seeds are a great choice.
Your preferred sweetener: We use brown sugar in this cinnamon roll overnight oats recipe.
Why we love this protein packed cinnamon roll overnight oats recipe:
- Protein packed oats can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Great for weight loss
- Easy and convenient way to increase your protein intake in a healthy and nutritious way as it requires no baking or cooking.
- Is made with Protein Milkshake, a meal replacement protein powder that is the best protein powder for weight loss, aiding in helping curb your cravings and making you feel fuller for longer.
- Overnight oats have a lot of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals, providing you with the nutritional benefits needed to meet your daily nutrition guidelines.
- Versatile: Overnight oats are incredibly versatile as you can mix in your own ingredients to make the overnight oats perfect for you. There is an unlimited number of ways to make unique overnight oats recipes.
Are overnight oats a good source of protein?
Yes! Overnight oats are a great source of nutrients and make a well-balanced meal with carbs that will keep you fuller for longer. This overnight oats recipe contains 27.5 grams of proteins and healthy fats along with being low calorie- so you can get fuller for longer. Each serving of Protein Milkshake provides you with a full meal, as one serving of Protein Milkshake contains 22 grams of protein, which meets half of daily needs.
Oatmeal is one of the foods that can help accelerate your energy levels and improve metabolic function, which is why this overnight oats recipe is one of our favorites for weight loss.
What You'll Need to Create This Healthy Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 serving Cupcake Batter Organic Whey Protein Milkshake protein powder
⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup rolled oats (can also use steel cut oats for a chunkier and chewier texture)
- 1 cup skimmed almond milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
Optional: 2 tbsps chia seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Either portion the oats into mason jars and add lids, or place entire portion in a large airtight container and add a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with whipped heavy cream, if preferred. You can eat these oats hot or cold.
Tips when Creating These Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
If you have celiac disease or have a gluten allergy, ensure you read the nutrition label on your choice of oats before consumption, and ensure it is labeled gluten-free. Store-bought oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley product.
What is the best time to eat overnight oats for weight loss?
We recommend eating your overnight oats in the morning as it will help boost metabolism, ensuring your body quickly converts the protein into energy to help you jumpstart your day with focus.
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats Macros