These chocolate chip cookies are healthy and low-carb consisting of just two net carbs per serving.
Only seven simple ingredients are needed to make these chewy healthy chocolate chip cookies- making it your next favorite dessert sample under twelve minutes that is keto-friendly!
Try this recipe with Chocolate Protein Milkshake.
What makes these cookies keto?
What seperates these keto chocolate chip cookies from other cookies is the fact that these cookies are made without any grains or added sugar, including flour.
Regardless of not having flour, the texture of the cookies remains crisp around the edge and chewy in the middle- best of all, it has the addition of protein powder, making this a power-packed high protein keto cookie!
The Protein Packed Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Filling
Here is the protein you’ll need:
- Chocolate Protein Milkshake protein powder
Can I use something other than cashew butter?
If you do not have cashew butter in stock, or prefer a different butter you can use almond butter, tahini, or sunflower seed butter. Be wary that your chocolate chip cookies may result in a slightly darker and nuttier flavor depending on the alternative selected will be darker in color and have a slightly more nutty flavor.
Tips to make the best High Protein Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Avoid overmixing the batter- if you overmix you will receive a harder texture.
- For thicker cookies, refrigerate the dough for 45 minutes.
- Do not overbake the cookies- the cookies will continue to bake as they are removed from the oven during cooling down.
Storing and freezing the High Protein Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- To store: Leftover unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- To freeze: Place unbaked cookie dough in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer- it will last up for up to six months.
1. Blend dry ingredients, Protein Milkshake, cashew butter, granulated sweetener, baking soda and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
2. Add wet ingredients of egg and vanilla extract and mix, folding in the chocolate chips evenly in the bowl.
3. Line bowl with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove dough from fridge and using your hands, form twelve balls of cookie dough and line on baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving:
1serving | Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 3g
Recipe and Image Credits: This recipe was created by Big Man's World.